Today’s Smack dropped the “Out like Rubio”. Well, maybe not. The report that Ricky Rubio was officially headed back to Spain appears to be more of a rumor than a report. Team Rubio is insisting that no decision has been made.
Here are what seems to be Rubio’s options:
1. Continue to sue his Spanish team in hope of a lower buyout and sign with the Timberwolves now.
2. Drop the lawsuit and return to Spain to fulfill his contract.
3. Continue to negotiate a buyout in Europe and sign with a different Euroleague squad.
4. Force the Wolves to trade his rights (and continue negotiating the buyout).
5. Sit out one full year of basketball and re-enter the draft (yes that is a real option).
What do you think WILL happen and what do you think SHOULD happen?