Today’s Forgotten Classic is a little gem you might have missed from 1999 called The Duke. Tagline: “Royalty has gone to the dogs.” First line of the trailer: “He may have royal blood, but he ain’t nothing but a hound dog.” So it’s basically King Ralph if John Goodman was a bloodhound. Not surprisingly, the trailer is two and half minutes of pure sustained awesomeness.
Things to look for:
- 0:36 Doggy green screen shot, with flapping lips
- 0:44 Dog with a crown
- 0:54 Shaking paws with the queen
- 1:02 Hail to the duke!
- 1:29 SCOTTY SPIT TAKE!
- 1:39 Fart sound followed by dog-with-cocked-head reaction shot
- 1:59 Dog with goggles/dog in sidecar
- 2:15 Dog in croquet outfit, followed by man getting hit in the crotch with a croquet ball. Haha, get it?? Dogs can’t play croquet!!