Late yesterday it was announced that Men in Black director Barry Sonnenfeld would team with comic book writer Grant Morrison to develop a graphic novel and movie called Dominion: Dinosaurs Versus Aliens. From what I understand, Morrison is something of a respected comic book writer (note: I know nothing about comic books), but to me, all that proves is that not even respected writers are immune to market forces and dumb producers with checkbooks.
The graphic novel will chronicle a secret prehistoric world war battle. When an alien invasion attacks Earth in the age of the dinosaurs, the planet’s only hope is the giants that roam the planet with, it turns out, a lot more intelligence than previously realized. [Deadline]
And they’ll need that intelligence if they’re going to hack the aliens’ defensive system with a Macbook like Jeff Goldblum. WELCOME DA (*pterodactyl shriek*). Anyway, in honor of Dinosaurs vs. Aliens, here are some other combinations of popular things we’d be willing to take checks for.
- Cowboys and Aliens and Velociraptors and Predator (pictured)
- Zombies vs. Vampires
- Pirates vs. Vampires
- Vampires vs. Vampires
- Vampires vs. A team of underground thieves/street racers made up of mumbly white guys and former WWE superstars (Paul Walker, Channing Tatum, The Rock, John Cena, and Shawn “The Heartbreak Kid” Michaels in… Fast & Furious: High Stakes, and Too Fast: Vamped Up)
- Assassins vs. EVEN SLUTTIER ASSASSINS!
- Ninjas vs. Lesbians
- Penguins vs. Babies
- Angels vs. Demons
- Dinosaurs vs. Emma, a woman in her late twenties whose friends are all getting married and is looking for Mr. Right WHO WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER FACE ALL ALONG AND THIS IS JUST LIKE OUR LIVES, GIRLFRIEND
- Werewolves vs. Motorcycles
- Skarsgard vs. Sarsgaard
- Seltzer vs. Friedberg
- Dianetics vs. Abstinence Parables
- Solipsists vs. Nihilists
- Vikings vs. Pirates (in a high-stakes basketball game to save the rec center set to music, think Step Up 2 Tha Streets meets High School Musical, produced by Adam Shankman and Jerry Bruckheimer)
- Madea vs. Blart in Farts and Furious
- Glee vs. The Holocaust
- Bourne vs. Bourne in Look Who’s Amnesiaing Now?
Feel free to add your own. I think the take away here is that anyone halfway intelligent could come up with 100 of these premises over the course of a single bowel movement.
[thanks to Burnsy, Robopanda, Chareth, and Danger Guerrero for the help]
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.