This week on the Frotcast, we brought back our old friend Justin Halpern from Sh*t My Dad Says, who talks about what it’s like to have your show cancelled two days before your wedding, and then have every family member give you advice on why it didn’t last longer. We got Fake Bret Remix composer Waqas to man the soundboard remotely (LOGISTICS), we talked our weird theater stories (thanks for your stories, sorry we couldn’t get to as many as we would’ve liked), and last but not least, we brought on Uproxx utility infielder Burnsy for an installment of Burnsy’s Corner. LISTEN. SHARE. ENJOY.
- 3:40 – “Interview” with Justin starts, he talks about the show cancellation and what it’s like now working for How to Be a Gentleman, the show that replaced him in the same time slot
- 5:40 – Justin claims to have seen his show come on in an airplane, only to see passengers take off their headsets and decide they’d rather read or sleep
- 14:50 – We start our “weird things you’ve seen in theaters” stories segment with Ben. Let’s just say his story involves a Dixie cup full of butter.
- 17:00 – Brendan has a story of adolescent HJs set to Thinner.
- 20:00 – Justin tells of watching hobo take a leisurely dump during Three Ninjas.
- 30:00 – We read a few emails (there were far more good ones than we had time to read, we were far too busy interrupting each other)
- 39:17 – A microcosm of what it’s like to life in San Francisco: Brendan describes seeing a large gay man chase his runaway chihuahua as it ran into traffic (at which point, a smaller, good samaritan gay man began directing traffic).
- 44:30 – Justin tells us about his friend who went to a party at Shia LaBeouf’s house in Hollywood and ended up getting kicked out after he and Shia got into a heated argument over Transformers plot points.
- 49:00 – BURNSY’S CORNER. We bring on Burnsy to talk crazy Casey Anthony reactions, and what it was like being in Orlando for the whole circus. Cutie Patootie‘s impending pageant retirement, Moneyball, and Erin Andrews.
- 1:11:14 – We find out Burnsy has SERIOUSLY buried the lede when he tells us he has a friend who lost his virginity to Casey Anthony. That son of a bitch. I guess we have to have him on again now.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.