“James Franco didn’t suck any d*ck last night? Now I know y’all are trippin’.”
The latest red band TV clip for This is the End, which stars Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Jay Baruchel, Craig Robinson and Danny McBride, among others, as “fictional” versions of themselves in Apocalyptic Los Angeles, looks just about as ridiculous as everything else we’ve already seen. To recap, we’ve seen:
- Rihanna bitch slap Michael Cera
- Michael Cera blow cocaine in Christopher Mintz-Plasse’s face
- Kevin Hart kick Aziz Ansari into a giant hole in the Earth
- Michael Cera be impaled by a pole
- Emma Watson busting heads with an ax
- People being sucked into the sky by beams of light
But now we also know that the devil and his demon bros have returned to drag everyone to hell, and Jonah Hill becomes possessed along the way. It seems pretty straightforward.
The strange thing to me is that as I watch the trailers and clip, I can’t help but think that this looks like everything I would expect from a horror movie parody like Scary Movie 5, except it’s funny. So is this a case of Rogen and his co-writer Jason Stone, as well as co-director Evan Goldberg, being smarter and funnier than David Zucker and Pat Proft? I’m no scientist or anything, but I’m gonna go ahead and say, “Probably.”
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.