This is the trailer for Dogtooth, a film from Greece opening June 25th in New York City. Let me see if I can sum up the action here.
- A man covers himself with cuts and fake blood. He tells a family their brother is dead, and the culprit was a common house cat, “the most dangerous animal there is.”
- A girl’s butt.
- Boy tries to kill cat with pruning shears. His sisters scream.
- The brother plays Spanish guitar, they have a Pentacostal dance party.
- The father tells the girls that they’ll be ready to leave the house “when the dogtooth falls out,” so they swim blindfolded.
- Implied lesbianism.
- The father barks at his family like a dog. They bark back.
- Pentacostal dance party starts going all Reefer Madness.
- Sister cuts brother’s arm with kitchen knife.
- Other sister screams at her knitting needles.
- Dance party becomes puke party.
- Mother beats daughter about the head.
- Father beats daughter with video tape.
- Father knocks out mother with VCR.
- Aaaaand scene.
Bottom line, I’m sick of these foreign movies trying to be all slick and Hollywood. When I watch foreign films, I want to see something different, not some cheap rip off of The Blind Side. Ho hum, Greece, ho hum.