As you may be aware, the 67th annual Golden Globe Awards took place last night. I was somewhat intoxicated, but I think my favorite moment was when Nate Kaeding won the award for sh*ttiest kicker. Anyway, before I get to my Awards coverage, I thought I’d give you my coverage coverage by counting down the 10 dumbest things Access Hollywood host Billy Bush said on the red carpet last night. I think it’s funny to put Billy Bush in quotes, because it makes it seem like the things he says are of consequence. It’s like putting a baseball mitt on a dog.
10. [to drunk Julia Roberts] “Let me see that iPhone again. I wanna see your kids!”
9. “Do you guys have a survival plan tonight? There are puddles everywhere.”
8. “Look at you, Bradley Cooper, covered with an umbrella!”
7. [to Taylor Lautner] “You are on fire, right, Tay Tay?” [technically, this one was Billy’s co-host, Whatsherface, but I thought it warranted inclusion]
6. “Jesse! I got a snuggie for you!”
5. “And here’s Mickey Rourke with his date, and I know I can’t pronounce your name… Are you guys engaged? …So not quite an engagement, but… dating.”
4. “Standing right here with a hunk of a man, Gerard Butler.”
3. “Did Jennifer Aniston have a hard time keeping her hands off you while making the movie? You’re very handsome.”
2. “Jeff Bridges, you’re here for Crazy Heart — Crazy Heart, crazy night…”
1. “I’m here with Sir Paul McCartney — Paul, nominated for the film Everybody’s Fine, and… everybody was fine.”
What can I say, I love it when he plays word association games. My only regret is that I didn’t get to see him make a dumb crack about Michael C. Hall’s hat*.