Here’s some of the weird and wild science we’re rallied from around the web.
- io9 has an insightful look into how most species of animals are awful lying bastards.
- Earth’s water didn’t come from comets. It came from asteroids. Really asteroids don’t get enough credit.
- The way to keep birds from getting sucked into jet engines is apparently to wave blinky lights at them. Also they think aircraft are predators.
- Pluto nerds have discovered a fifth moon orbiting the has-been planet. So Pluto is basically a “retro celebrity” with a lot of hangers-on?
- Scientists discovered that glial cells play a key role in memory and retention by getting mice high.
- Rob Schneider and Jenny McCarthy will no doubt be overjoyed to hear that two vaccines combined to create a new and lethal chicken virus. Sorry, guys, you’re still completely full of it.
- And finally, an invasive plant is killing off wombats left and right.
Anything you think we missed? Let us know in the comments!
image courtesy Anthony Cramp on Flickr