Glove and Boots helped raise awareness of the dreaded Vertical Video Syndrome, have done funny video game playthroughs, did an all-gorilla cover “Call Me Maybe”, and expounded on why time travel sucks. Now they’ve outdone themselves with Wolverine: The Musical! It stars not only a Wolverine puppet, but also Spider-Man, Multiple Man, Nightcrawler, and Hulk. It started out a little slow but really picked up when Wolverine turned off the dark on Spider-Man:
Magnificent. And we knew we had to post this when they took “Cell Block Tango” from Chicago (Pop! Six! Squish! Uh uh, Cicero, Lipschitz!) and rewrote it as, “Snikt, snakt, thwip, bamf bamf, duplicate, HULK SMASH!”
Here’s a full breakdown of the melodies used:
- “Put On Your Sunday Clothes” (Hello Dolly!)
- “Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'” (Oklahoma!)
- “Runyonland” (Guys and Dolls)
- “The Music of the Night” (The Phantom of the Opera)
- “Cell Block Tango” (Chicago)
- “I Put My Hand In” (Hello Dolly!)
- [reprise] “Put On Your Sunday Clothes” (Hello Dolly!)
(H/T: The Frogman)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.