UPDATE: The winners are BeerMaker, Oski, and James.They have until 11:59 PM EST Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 to reply to the email I just sent. If we don’t hear back we’ll draw another winner.
The Hipster Puppies Tumblr we’ve been following for the past 16 months is finally becoming a book, and we have three copies to give away. The book includes over 125 color pictures of dogs who are too cool for the dog park, along with funny captions about their hipster ways. The writer, Christopher R. Weingarten, has been living in Brooklyn for the past eight years while working as a music critic, attending venues and seeing hipsters in their natural habitat. Reading his sarcastic captions under each picture, his familiarity with hipsters and their foibles really shows. By “foibles” I really mean “annoyingass habits”.
You’ve probably seen us post some of his puppies here before. Or maybe you haven’t. They’re kind of obscure. *adjusts keffiyeh, silently judges you*
Hipster Puppies comes out July 5th and can be preordered for $5 off the cover price at Amazon.
Here’s how to enter and the rules:
- Post a comment below. It doesn’t have to be anything profound, but put a valid email address in the email field so we can contact you if you win. Do not put any private information in any other fields besides the email field; those fields will display publicly.
- One entry per email. One entry per computer. Attempting to enter more than once disqualifies you.
- U.S. residents only (Sorry, Luxembourg).
- You have until 1:00 PM EST Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 to enter. Three winners will be picked with a random number generator (my cat’s name is “random number generator”) and we’ll email you shortly afterward. The subject line of the email will be
Green Lantern Contest Winner“Hipster Puppies Contest Winner“. (Fixed.) Check your junk mail folder.
- Each winner has until 11:59 PM EST Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 to reply to the email. If we don’t get a response by then, we’ll pick a new winner. We’ll also call your mom and tell her we think you had an accident and she’ll be, like, totally worried, dude.
- Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
- ARV: $14