So far Ubisoft’s been very quiet about the modern-day portion of the upcoming Assassin’s Creed IV — probably because the modern-day stuff has become increasingly convoluted and played out. Frankly, a lot of gamers would probably be okay if the next Assassin’s Creed skipped the modern day stuff altogether at this point.
Well, Ubisoft finally dropped a few details about the present-day parts of Assassin’s Creed IV via Twitter, and at the very least, it does sound like there’s some changes in store. Hit the jump for details and some screenshots…
– Contrary to previous promises from Ubisoft it sounds like some modern-day missions will be required.
– The modern-day missions will take place at an Abstergo office in Montreal, and you’ll play as a new character who’s been hired to work there. This person is not an Assassin or Templar and will initially have no idea what’s going on at Abstergo.
– There will be no combat. Instead you’ll spend your time exploring the large, open Abstergo offices, eavesdropping and hacking.
– Some characters from past Assassin’s Creeds will return. Desmond will also factor in somehow even though SPOILER he died in an anticlimactic fashion in the last game.
– You’ll be able to learn a lot about the history of Abstergo and the Templars if you really get into exploring their offices, but you don’t have to bother if you don’t want.
Hit the second page for a few screenshots of the modern-day segment of Assassin’s Creed IV…