Social media reigns supreme! Or at least it does when it comes to the 2015 Grammy nomination announcements. All day long, a constant stream of contenders have been posted to the official Grammy Twitter account.
More so than ever this year, the social media savvy singers and bands separated from the pack. While some iconic stars remained strangely mum – not a peep as of this writing from Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, or Beyonce on either Twitter or Instagram – others dove right in.
Anyone can write a sincere “Thank you!!!1!” but a few went above and beyond. Whether hashtagging their hearts out, using emojis, or just a fun turn of phrase, these nominees showed off their personalities…which means they”ve already won the award for Social Media Navigation.
A GRAMMY NOM FOR A SELF TITLED SONG I AM SCREAMING!!!
– hayley from Paramore (@yelyahwilliams) December 5, 2014
– IGGY AZALEA (@IGGYAZALEA) December 5, 2014
– Mali Music (@MaliMusic) December 5, 2014
– Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) December 5, 2014
So we got nominated for a Grammy… MENTAL. (If ever there was an appropriate use of that word)
– BASTILLE (@bastilledan) December 5, 2014
SEE YOU AT THE GRAMMYS, MOM! pic.twitter.com/7CdSYZv6e6
– HAIM (@HAIMtheband) December 5, 2014
I don't know what to say so thank you. Sia loves dogs. #grammys
– sia (@Sia) December 5, 2014
– Jessie J (@JessieJ) December 5, 2014
– Efuru (@JheneAiko) December 5, 2014
???????????????????????????? congrats to all the nominees! I just cant believe my face is next to these amazing… http://t.co/22QvX352ln
– Meghan Trainor (@Meghan_Trainor) December 5, 2014
So happy to hear that Anaconda & Bang Bang were nominated for Grammys. Thank you guys!!! Mmuuuaaahhhh!!!!! The Pinkprint ~ 12.15.14 ????
– NICKI MINAJ (@NICKIMINAJ) December 5, 2014
– Jess Glynne (@JessGlynne) December 5, 2014
– Antonique Smith (@AntoniqueSmith) December 5, 2014
– Patton Oswalt (@pattonoswalt) December 5, 2014