Michael Jackson died last year on this same day, June 25, 2010. It’s been a weird year since. We’ve learned a lot about the pop star as a person and a performer, and a lot of lessons on bad class in the media.
Below, I outline some thoughts I had about what can be taken away from the time since.
- For an artist of his size and caliber, one year is about enough time for ones reputation to lose the negativity and indiscretions of his past
- … Or not.
- Radio knows when to step it up
- Joe Jackson has no shame
- Drugs are bad, kids
- Usher will not take off his sunglasses while performing, not for anything.
- A new single release after death does not guarantee its adoption on large scale
- Janet stands out publicly as the classy one
- Michael Jackson was big enough to change the rules
- It won”t be settled for a good long while which of MJ”s hits will remain best-known
- God forbid, we may get tired of Michael Jackson over the next seven years