In 2008, Suzanne Collins released “The Hunger Games” into the world. Four years later the movie would cement Jennifer Lawrence as a blockbuster star. But all good things must come to an end. Last year the final installment – “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II” – brought the entirety of Panem society crashing down.
If you had read the books, you probably joined in the discussions about whether the film would dare go as far as the novels to show that war rarely has winners. Well, they did it. They dared to blur the line between heroes and villains. In the clip above – exclusive to HitFix Harpy ahead of the home video release – even Katniss isn”t immune to succumbing to her darker instincts.
HitFix Harpy is also happy to announce the “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II” Digital HD and Blu-Ray Combo Pack release date! The final chapter can complete your collection on March 8, 2016 for Digital HD and March 22, 2016 for Blu-Ray Combo Pack. Decided to wait until the franchise finished before buying because they always release a box set? You were right. “The Hunger Games” complete 4-film collection will also drop on the same dates – March 8 for Digital HD and March 22 for Blu-Ray.
Lionsgate is including 5 hours of special features on “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II” home release:
THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – PART 2 BLU-RAY / DVD / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES*
• Audio Commentary with Director Francis Lawrence and Producer Nina Jacobson
• “Pawns No More: Making The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” 8-Part Documentary**
• Walking Through Fire (Concluding the Saga)
• Real or Not Real (Visual Design)
• High-Value Targets (The Acting Ensemble)
• From Head to Toe (Costume, Make-up & Hair)
• Navigating the Minefield (Production in Atlanta, Paris & Berlin)
• Collateral Damage (Stunts, Special Effects & Weapons)
• Tightening the Noose (The Post-Production Process)
• A Different World (Reflections)
• The Hunger Games: A Photographic Journey
• Cinna”s Sketchbook: Secrets of the Mockingjay Armor
• Panem on Display: The Hunger Games: The Exhibition
• Jet to the Set**
*Subject to Change
**Exclusive to Blu-ray/ Digital HD
Meanwhile the “The Hunger Games” box set will include all the special features from each film”s initial reach, along with the following bonus features:
THE HUNGER GAMES COMPLETE 4-FILM COLLECTION BLU-RAY / DVD SPECIAL FEATURES*
• Over 14 Hours of Bonus Content Including:
• 12 Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes from The Hunger Games
• 6 Deleted Scenes from The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Including 1 Never Before Seen
• 9 Deleted Scenes from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1
• 2 All-New Featurettes: “Picturing Panem” and “Capitol Cuisine”
• 70 Additional Featurettes (Blu-ray); 69 Additional Special Featurettes (DVD)
• Audio Commentaries, Music Videos and More
*Subject to change
Image Credit: LionsGate
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part II” Blu-ray and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively. “The Hunger Games” box set will be available on Blu-ray and DVD for the suggested retail price of $64.97 and $54.98, respectively.
Be sure to check out the Digital HD and Blu-Ray trailer below!