Look, it's not often I watch a TV trailer and think, “Wait. I definitely have to see this.” But there's something about FX's “Fargo” and its strong, almost zealous reverence to the Coen Brothers' original film that makes it seem unmissable.Subscribe to UPROXX
Uh. Could a trailer be more perfect? Look, I've listed all the perfect things.
1. The sheer amount of “Fargo” buzzwords. Barf alone is a triumph.
2. Kate Walsh's wooziness
3. The astounding violence.
4. Furry police hats.
5. Colin Hanks doing his slightly-naive-man-in-authority thing, which brings back fond memories of his short-lived Fox series “The Good Guys.”
6. Billy Bob Thornton! Ohhhhhh, he is horrifying.
7. Sputtering Martin Freeman 4 lyfe.
8. Love the lookalike locales; that diner is the spitting image of the '96 cinematic version.
9. Bob Odenkirk. Phew.
Will you tune in? I'll be there April 15, dontcha know.