“Hannibal”? Zero Emmy nominations this year. Zilch, nada, cero, zippity doo dah. Lots of virtual eye-rolling about this.
@AhmedLFCmoH but no Hannibal :-(
– Elsebeth Frederiksen (@ElsebethYNWA) July 16, 2015
*Checks Emmy nominations for any sign of #Hannibal. Finds nothing. Loses remaining faith in humanity.*
– Andrew Welch (@andrew_b_welch) July 16, 2015
– Zotto Vaz | #ZC (@zumbicastbr) July 16, 2015
– Yanina #SaveHannibal (@lokitaxmagneto1) July 16, 2015
– YourARSE (@scARCYty) July 16, 2015
@RobinGaming It would never get nominated if BB never existed or it getting all circlejerked over. Shocked Hannibal isn't nominated
– Mark Johansen (@MarkW1cked) July 16, 2015
– Helene M. (@cacamacadamia) July 16, 2015
And still fuck all nominations for Hannibal.
– Ken Godberson III (@KenGodbersonIII) July 16, 2015
Sorry Hannibal and Americans. Being the two best shows on TV isn't good enough to get nominated for awards for excellence in TV.
– Ryan Noonan (@noonanville) July 16, 2015
Pornstache gets a nom! Also, none for Hannibal. :( #Emmys
– Nikki Francisco (@nikksfrancisco) July 16, 2015
– georgie pascoe (@georgiepascoe) July 16, 2015
– Lauren Puga (@kittentarantino) July 16, 2015
Sì ma…. Hannibal? #Emmys
– skjaldmær (@Lothbrok_) July 16, 2015
Except hold up. HOLD UP. Show producer the DeLaurentiisCo is here to set you straight: the show wasn't even eligible this year.
No reason to be upset with the Emmys this year. #Hannibal was not eligible. But next year we dine if nominations elude us. :)
– DeLaurentiis Co (@DeLaurentiisCo) July 16, 2015
Why? Here's our own Alan Sepinwall to explain:
@EWDocJensen Hannibal not eligible. Didn't air any episodes during the window.
– Alan Sepinwall (@sepinwall) July 16, 2015
– Hugh Dancy News (@hughdancynews) July 16, 2015
In other words: save your outrage for 2016.