Jimmy Kimmel unleashed another round of his “Mean Tweets” segment featuring movie stars and pop acts reciting insulting tweets written about them. Occasionally this sketch still has fresh moments and surprising reactions. More often it gives us celebrities pretending to make fun of themselves as they read benign or asinine tweets that no one would ever care about. In the past, many of these tweets have turned out to be fake, which renders the whole routine pretty pointless. But does the newest batch of mean tweets pass the smell test?Subscribe to UPROXX
For the most part, yes. It appears the show's producers have heeded the call for authenticity since most of these tweets are legit. Here are almost 100% of the tweets featured in last night's segment.
Would you rather: listen to josh groban OR have diarhea ladled into your ear? Hard choice, amirite?
– Dan (@dasack) December 27, 2008
Drake looks like voldemort with hair
– Kandi BAEnks (@MmmKandiYamz) March 29, 2014
Bruhhhhh im hellla embarassed that drake read my tweet on jimmy kimmel
– Kandi BAEnks (@MmmKandiYamz) February 3, 2015
Trying to use the word 'hate' less often. Here goes: I thoroughly dislike Sam Smith.
– Emily ;; (@emilyseebold) July 31, 2014
Jessie j looks like she takes giant shits . Stinky ones too http://t.co/BIQs8vyT
– Vinnie Caruana (@vinniecaruana) September 3, 2012
Fuck you Blake Shelton you inbred hick.
– George Hudson II (@ifuseekgeorgeII) April 7, 2014
Let's face it, the girls from Haim are ugly as fuck and perform like they're orgasming
– brandist. (@GimmeTheSign) December 9, 2013
Hey look Ed Sheeran is still ugly
– Urquia (@TylerUrquia) August 25, 2014
Wiz Khalifa looks like a homeless woman.
– Rambinho (@Al_RamBro) February 10, 2014
I really wanna just flick iggy azalea's stupid mole off her face and into the bin
– cal (@CalBro_) October 8, 2013
Pitbull is starting to grow on me….kidding I hope his voice box gets destroyed by a gorilla dick
– Adrian Myers (@MrMyerss) July 9, 2012
Sia sounds like she has a mouth full of shit
– Sean Cameron (@KrippletheClown) July 14, 2012
The weather in New York City right now is like a young Britney Spears: pretty hot, kinda gross.
– Aaron Glaser (@aaron_glaser) May 31, 2013
I'd rather listen to an auto-tuned queef played on a continuous loop than listen to Ariana Grande's new album.
– Sal. (@Mysteriousbat) August 30, 2013
I'd rather listen to an auto-tuned queef than listen to my coworker's bullshit problems.
– Sal. (@Mysteriousbat) August 2, 2013
Jason Aldean sounds like his dick got stuck in his sister.
– osama bininyomamma (@osamabininyomom) April 12, 2012
katy perry has a voice that reminds me of balls covered in glass sliding down my throat. nice gal.
– afrochrist (@afrogirl23) November 16, 2012
The tweets about Psy and 5 Seconds of Summer have both been deleted, but evidence of their existence is searchable. The Lady Gaga tweet also checks out. The only suspicious tweet in the mix is the one about Donald Glover, a.k.a. Childish Gambino. The tweet isn't locatable, and frankly, if you were writing a tweet about Donald Glover, wouldn't you just call him Donald Glover? My theory is that Glover or Kimmel wanted a tweet that only mentioned his rapper name, which is probably pretty hard to come by. This is a “music edition,” after all.
But let's make sure we stick to the real criticism here: Most of these tweets are OK at best. It's not hard to find the truly funny, witty jokes on Twitter. Here's hoping we get more of that soon and less of the “You're ugly” variety.