Some of you might be trying to forget last night’s VMAs, but I know there are also some of you trying to remember every detail forever — so as to have more colorful nightmares, of course. Here are some of the funniest tweets from the show, courtesy of folks like Albert Brooks, Lena Dunham, and so many more:
Alan Thicke and Billy Ray Cyrus now under genetic arrest.
– Albert Brooks (@AlbertBrooks) August 26, 2013
I’ve got the #VMAs running on a loop in case anyone wants to come over and commit suicide.
– Doug Benson (@DougBenson) August 26, 2013
This is the most embarrassing thing to happen to New York since Lipstick Jungle
– Richard Lawson (@rilaws) August 26, 2013
Watched the MTV VMAs and I just feel like everything is terrible and people are horrible and sex is gross and even Christmas is dead.
– David Krumholtz (@DaveKrumholtz) August 26, 2013
VMAs: Stop all this “what’s up Brooklyn!!!” What’s up is I’m 10 blocks away in my nightgown trying to keep my dog from drinking his own piss
– Lena Dunham (@lenadunham) August 26, 2013
Justin Timberlake is in his tenth straight year of dressing like a waiter at Katsuya. #VMAs
– Louis Virtel (@louisvirtel) August 26, 2013
OK Grandpa. RT @adamlevine: The VMA’s seriously used to be so awesome.
– rob delaney (@robdelaney) August 26, 2013
I’m pretty sure Robin Thicke has to register as a sex offender after this #VMA performance.
– Neal Brennan (@nealbrennan) August 26, 2013
– Drew Grant (@videodrew) August 26, 2013
It’s okay, Linda Ronstadt. None of tonight’s VMA nominees can sing either.
– rachel lichtman (@DJRotaryRachel) August 25, 2013
If you watch the video of Miley’s VMA performance, you will die in seven days.
– Robin McCauley (@RobinMcCauley) August 26, 2013
NSYNC still got it!* *generic forgettable music
– Danny Zuker (@DannyZuker) August 26, 2013
shout out to time zones for giving us 6 hours of vma tweets instead of just 3
– Conor Tripler (@ConorTripler) August 26, 2013