That was certainly a very dramatic first round, even if it teased us with the possibility of Johnny Manziel being the BRIGHT SHINING STAR Cowboys quarterback he probably should have been. It was also a ratings bonanza, which all but ensures that the NFL will keep the draft in May, even though the timing of the draft had nothing to do with spurring interest in an incredibly unpredictable first round. Too bad!
Nevertheless, two days of drafting remain. While some of the bigger names are off the board, there’s still a fair amount of things to keep an eye on for Day 2, including:
– The possibility that the Texans will wind up with another Carr at quarterback!
– Endless reminders that “this is a deep draft” and “there’s still good value left”!
– The Raiders and Titans fighting over Jimmy Garoppolo.
– The Redskins, Colts and Seahawks finally getting to make a pick! Good for them!
– A running back finally gets picked at some point?
– Will A.J. McCarron fall into the fourth round? Hopefully!
– Probably premature Michael Sam watch unless an idealistic GM wants to MAKE A STATEMENT.
– Now that Josh Gordon might be suspended for the season, the Browns will be in the market for a receiver for their new savior.