– HBO Sports and the NFL announced today that the Atlanta Falcons would be this year’s subject of the popular training camp series “Hard Knocks” for the 2014 season. A glimpse into aftermath of what happens when a 2012 team goes 13-3, winning the NFC South, losing the NFC championship to falling to a 4-12 record the following 2013 season? Intriguing, especially for a team that does not get a lot of recognition outside of Atlanta (and for those “bad sports town types, not a lot of recognition in Atlanta). “Hard Knocks” kicks off August 5.
– Miami-Dade officials will not be filing charges against San Francisco 49ers Colin Kaepernick, Quinton Patton and Seattle Seahawk Ricardo Lockette regarding a compliant filed against the men regarding an incident at a Miami hotel in April.
– Steelers blowing cap space like they just don’t care, signing center Maurkice Pouncey to a six-year, $48 million dollar contract today. The deal extends his current contract five years for an additional $44 million. Didn’t realize his repaired ACL was made out of unobtainium.
– Marshawn Lynch, who already missed volunteer OTAs as usual, is also expected to miss minicamp because word is he wants A) a new contract and B) apparently isn’t happy about the idea of the Seahawks moving to a running back by committee plan. Okay, B is purely rumor at this point, but that wouldn’t shock anyone now, would it?
– And finally, Sarah Harbaugh, wife of coach Jim Harbaugh has done a humorous PSA against pleated “Dad Pants” for Dockers. [Editor’s Note – Not embedded because we’re having some technical issues around here.] Sarah, speaking as a Sarah and as a wife, it is up to you to take care of your partner’s undesirable pants. While they’re not looking, donate their ugly pants to charity, I usually drop clothes at Out of the Closet which helps fund free AIDS testing among other things. Step two; point them in the direction of the mens half yearly sale at Nordstroms. Done and done.