We here at KSK recently conducted a bit of audience research, which garnered a host of helpful suggestions, such as “please, more hardcore porn links in the live blog”, “how about a Gerald Sensabaugh KSKharacter?”, “wouldn’t it be awesome if Drew got time travel powers?” and “you should win stuff by reading”.
We laughed uproariously at all of them. Just horrible, horrible ideas. But then our Uproxx overlords said we need to do something to promote the new commenting system that has been implemented on the network, which includes lofty-nifty features like sign-up using Facebook or Twitter, universal log-in on any Uproxx site and user profiles with clickable avatars. Coming soon, we’ll have direct messaging capability between commenters, threaded comment replying and even badges and awards for great commenting that Otto Man will probably win on a weekly basis.
Anyway, we meekly acceded to our overlords’ demands as we were being whipped back into the blog mines. In a related development: It now turns out you will be able to win things by reading! And not just a copy of whichever book one of us is hawking at that particular moment. Something you actually want!
So here’s the deal: We’re giving out a $250 Amazon gift card to a registered reader who submits the best caption in the comments for the image included after the jump. For further reference, see the similar contests going on at the Uproxx flagship site and at Gammasquad.
– The contest is open to U.S. residents only.
– Be sure to register with a valid email address, as this is how we’ll contact the winners. Also, make sure not to put any other private information in any other fields outside of the email field, as those fields will display publicly.
– The winning caption will be chosen by the KSK Gay Mafia.
– Entries will only be valid for the next 24 hours. So the deadline is 1 p.m. Thursday, October 13. No exceptions.
– UPROXX network employees and contributors are prohibited from winning. Rule is also arbitrarily expanded to include Josh Zerkle. And we won’t allow Unsilent to rig this one for Sarah Schorno.
– You have until 7 p.m. Sunday to claim your prize. If you’ve won, you’ll be notified by email on Friday October 14, 2011. The winner then has until the end of the late games Sunday to reply to the email notification. If a winner doesn’t respond by that time, another will be chosen.
Here it is. Make with the funny.