‘Tis the season for rosy cheeks, and yuletide carols. Both due, in all likelihood, to alcohol. The holidays are a nexus point that highlights both the best reasons for drinking and the worst reasons for drinking. The result is that the next stiff cocktail is never far off.
With that thought in mind, we created a compendium of some of our favorite holiday-themed drinks from around the country. Whether you’re going out with friends or staying in with family, we hope there’s something here for you to enjoy as you toast the season.
For fans of the classic Moscow Mule, Mandarin Bar presents a holiday riff that you can enjoy in Vegas or at home.
- 2 drops apple bitters
- 1 1/2 oz Hennessy Black
- 1/2 oz Grand Marnier
- 3/4 oz house made cranberry and cinnamon syrup (recipe to follow)
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- sprig mint
- 1 1/2 ox Fever Tree ginger beer
- Shake Hennessy Black, Grand Marnier, syrups, and lime
- Strain over ice
- Top with Fever Tree ginger beer
- Garnish with dehydrated hidden rose apple, mint, and cranberry skewer
Cranberry and Cinnamon Syrup
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 16 oz sugar
- 16 oz water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Let cranberries simmer in syrup until they pop.