If you graduated from dial-up any time in the last decade then you’ve run across one of the assorted “Fast Food: Ads Vs. Reality” comparison graphics that seemingly go viral once a quarter. Well, after a tweet that broke Grimace’s back McDonald’s Canada decided to take on the subject in a way their skulking US counterparts seemingly never would — Mythbusters-style.
The video is weird yet interesting. It feels like propaganda yet you want to get behind it. I learned eight important things that I’ll take to my grave…
- McDonald’s Canada execs are getting it done.
- It’s urban legend that you can order a “Royale with Cheese” in Canada.
- Food Stylist is an actual job you can do.
- Burger Photographer is an actual job you can do.
- Ketchup syringes aren’t just something Russell Crowe dreams about.
- Burgers gets prepped 5x more for a burger shoot than Kim Kardashian does for a burger shoot.
- Burgers gets prepped 100x more for a burger shoot than Kim Kardashian does for a sex tape shoot.
- The difference between fast food ads and reality is a culinary wonderbra.
Now if you’ll excuse me, ketchup syringes don’t purchase themselves.