School Goes On Lockdown After Man Threatens To Shoot Student Over ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Spoilers

Entertainment Features
12.23.15 3 Comments
star-wars-spoilers

Lucasfilm

People take their Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoilers very seriously. In fact, I had to have a very serious conversation with my 8-year-old son last week about spoilers after a screening, so afraid was I that he’d spoil The Force Awakens for other kids in third grade or, worse, that those kids would take those spoilers back to their parents, who would hold me accountable. Having your son spoil a movie for other parents is the very definition of bad parenting.

Had my son inadvertently spoiled The Force Awakens for other parents, I would’ve expected reprisals, though none as serious as the threats levied by Arthur Charles Roy of Helena, Montana. The 18-year-old has been charged with felony assault with a weapon after he threatened to shoot a student at an alternative high school in Montana for revealing The Force Awakens spoilers during an online movie conversation, reports the Boston Globe.

Roy, 18, became angry Thursday when he learned details about Star Wars: The Force Awakens from a Facebook friend, prosecutors said.

Roy sent the friend a picture of himself with a gun and threatened to come to the victim’s school to shoot him, court records said. Roy reportedly said the gun was a Colt 1911 with a “hair trigger.”

After the friend reported the threat to a school resource officer, the alternative high school in Helena briefly went on lockdown out of fear that Roy would follow through on his threat. Roy was arrested, but has declined to answer questions on the advice of counsel.

Roy also has pending charges against him for felony sexual intercourse without consent for allegedly having sex with a 14-year-old girl.

(Via The Associated Press)

Around The Web