A 12-year old girl in North Carolina has been introduced to the wonderful world of male chauvinism a little earlier than her parents expected, after she received some candy hearts. Sounds pretty harmless, but one of the hearts had a surprisingly inappropriate message – “Nice t*ts.” And to clarify, that’s not a reference to taters. The owner of the store that sold the offensive heart in question said that he hasn’t received any other complaints, mainly because the rest of the women who received the candy hearts are old enough to be flattered.
Some people, though, appreciate the mature tones, which is why an adult sex shop in Alabama is offering a special this week – sex toys for guns. That’s right, bring in your unwanted pistols, assault rifles and bazookas to Pleasures One Stop Sex Shop in Huntsville and you’ll receive your choice of select sex novelty items. The guns will be refurbished and resold, with the proceeds benefiting victims of violent gun assaults. Wait, what?
For the lovers who enjoy much simpler Valentine’s Day specials, T-Mobile and Khloe Kardashian are teaming up to offer people free phones on Friday and Saturday this week, when they sign up for a new two-year contract. Existing customers can also take advantage of the love by receiving a free phone when they sign up for a new line on their current plans. People who pass on the deal, though, will be forced to watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians for the rest of their lives.
- 12-year old girl receives dirty heart candy, now prepared for college. (Business Insider)
- Adult store collecting and selling guns to benefit gun victims. *face palm* (USA Today)
- Khloe Kardashian wants to give you a phone, probably to order her dinner. (PC Mag)
- The popular phone app game Angry Birds Seasons has a Valentine’s Day update now available, and it’s free in case you were looking for a last second gift and you’re cheap. Also, the app syncs up with Facebook so you can send eCards to your Valentine. But if this news excites you, chances are you don’t really need that last part. (Geek Sugar)
- The macho studs at NASA are also setting up for an exciting Valentine’s Day, as the Stardust NExT mission will revisit the Tempel 1 comet at 11:56 p.m. on Feb. 14. NASA last viewed the comet in 2005, so there’s a great deal of excitement to see what’s changed. Spoiler alert: It has pubes now. (MSNBC)
KNOW YOUR STATS
- While Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a time for love, more than 85% of cards are purchased by women, while 15% of ladies even buy themselves flowers for the big day. Meanwhile, 1 in 4 Americans doesn’t even celebrate Valentine’s Day. Ah, sweet romance. (Articles Base)
- At least 10% of engagement proposals take place on Valentine’s Day each year, and approximately 0% of them are cool when they happen at a sporting event on the jumbotron. Seriously, guys, don’t even think about being that goober. (Green Living Tips)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.