Footage of the construction worker destroying Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk of Fame Star. pic.twitter.com/fg190QtnCY
— MEFeater Magazine (@mefeater) October 26, 2016
Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood walk of fame was smashed to pieces early Wednesday morning by a man dressed as a construction worker, who was wielding a sledgehammer and a pickax. The man, who identified himself as Jamie Otis, told Deadline his goal was to “extract the star to auction it off and raise funds for the women who have come forward to accuse Trump of sexually assaulting them over the decades.”
That task, however, was abandoned in favor of completely destroying the star. Dominic Patten, a senior editor at Deadline who witnessed the event, told the New York Times that he had been walking along Hollywood Boulevard near Highland Avenue around 5:45 am when he saw a man wearing what appeared to be Los Angeles City construction attire — complete with hard hat and reflective vest — and holding a sledgehammer and a pickax.
Suddenly, the man “picked up the sledgehammer and started smashing the bejeezus out of the Trump star,” according to Patten. “Then he took the pickax and was trying to pry one of the points of the star. Shrapnel was flying everywhere.”