Nancy Grace Walks Out Of An Interview When Hosts Accuse Her Of ‘Capitalizing’ On Dead Children

10.12.16 5 months ago 15 Comments

On Tuesday, former HLN news host Nancy Grace stopped by the Jim and Sam radio show to promote her new Hallmark series, Hailey Dean Mystery: Murder and Love, based on her book series. From the jump, hosts Jim Norton and Sam Roberts were not about to let the legal commentator get away without answering some tough questions. The overarching conflict begins about a minute into the above video and accelerates until around the 12:00 mark when Grace grows frustrated and then walks out of the interview. “I’ll be honest, I had a problem with you for a long time because I felt like you were capitalizing on tragedies,” Norton said. “I’m sure you were accused of that before. Were you capitalizing on this stuff?” Grace responded:

“As a crime victim myself, I guess it’s the way you look at the world. I invite crime victims on and tell stories from their point of view. I help find missing people. I help solve unsolved homicides. Now, from your point of view, you would say that any news report — say on ISIS, or the hurricane or a car crash, air crash victims — is all capitalizing on misery. So you singling out my show is interesting, but I think inaccurate.”

From that point forward, the interview continued to unravel, especially when the radio hosts asked about Grace’s coverage of professional wrestling. “Let me just set it straight right now,” she finally said. “I’m sorry that you guys clearly don’t like what I do. I feel bad about it. So, there. You obviously don’t like me. That’s okay … the two of you are just so anxious to throw a shot at me.” Grace stated that she felt attacked.

When Norton and Roberts tried to defend their questions as being in the public interest, Grace laughed and nodded, repeating “okay” sarcastically. “Do you have any more questions?” she asked. Roberts repeated his first question of the interview, and Grace haughtily repeated her prior assertions before adding, “If you don’t like that and you don’t like the way I do it, then don’t watch it. Oops! I think your time is up. Bye-bye.”

Roberts then tweeted a photo of Grace walking out the door, lamenting that he didn’t get a souvenir selfie with her.

Around The Web

The Fascinating Rise Of Third Man Records As The Most Influential Vinyl Label In America

03.21.17 4 days ago 2 Comments

A Little Booze And A Lot Of Big Ideas Are Keeping Movie Theaters Relevant

03.17.17 1 week ago 7 Comments

The Unheralded True Story Of The NBA’s First Black Player

03.14.17 2 weeks ago

How TV And Evolving Media Technology Changed The American Presidency

03.07.17 3 weeks ago 2 Comments

How The Spice Girls’ Legacy Of ‘Girl Power’ Paved The Way For Women To Dominate Pop

02.27.17 4 weeks ago 4 Comments

How Keeping Austin Weird Turned Into A Widespread Phenomenon

02.15.17 1 month ago 12 Comments

How Kevin Gates Went From Underground To Platinum In A Year And Changed The Game In The Process

02.02.17 2 months ago 6 Comments

Look For The Star: How Starter Jackets Became The Iconic Clothing Of The Early ’90s

01.31.17 2 months ago 10 Comments

‘Dream, Try, Do Good’: The Oral History Of ‘Boy Meets World’

01.31.17 2 months ago 6 Comments

How Frank Barsalona Created The Modern Rock Concert And Got Himself Into The Hall Of Fame

01.30.17 2 months ago

The Story Behind Gus Fring’s Stunningly Explosive Moment On ‘Breaking Bad’

and 01.30.17 2 months ago 5 Comments

How Toronto’s Boosie Fade Transformed From A Rap DJ Night Into A Digital Movement

01.12.17 2 months ago

Infiltrating The Bills Mafia To Find Out Why Fans Keep Supporting The NFL’s Most Hopeless Team

01.01.17 3 months ago 8 Comments

From Ray Charles To Jimi Hendrix: How Seattle Helped Create R&B And Rock And Roll

01.01.17 3 months ago 6 Comments

‘Stop Crying And Fight Your Father’: ‘Seinfeld’ Writers Tell How Festivus Came To Be

and 12.23.16 3 months ago 12 Comments

The Lasting Impact Of Adidas Tearaway Pants On Hip-Hop And A Hoops Generation

12.08.16 4 months ago 2 Comments

Understanding The History And The Motivations Behind The Standing Rock Protests

12.02.16 4 months ago 6 Comments

How Do We Combat The Intensifying War On Science?

and 11.30.16 4 months ago 30 Comments