Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for July 14, 2014. The show featured an in-ring debate between Zeb Colter and Lana as well as a 2-on-3 handicap tag team match pitting The Authority against John Cena and Roman Reigns.
Be back tomorrow for the Best and Worst of WWE Raw column.
WWE Raw results:
- The show began with John Cena and Roman Reigns arguing with each other in the ring. Dean Ambrose showed up on the TitanTron to get the team together, but he was attacked by The Authority (Kane, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins). Ambrose was sent to the “local medical facility.”
1. The Miz defeated Sheamus. This was to hype the upcoming Battleground battle royal for the Intercontinental Championship. Miz won with a roll-up.
2. Dolph Ziggler defeated Fandango. Both Fandango and Ziggler were distracted by Layla and Summer Rae dancing on the announce table to Fandango’s music. Ziggler was able to hit a Fameasser for the pinfall. After the match, both Layla and Summer Rae kissed Ziggler on the cheek and left with him.
- Damien Sandow shilled Sonic. Adam Rose showed up and took away his food for being a lemon, or something.
- The Usos made an entrance, but were attacked by the Wyatt Family.
- Zeb Colter and Lana had a debate. A detente, if you will. Lana called America stupid and Zeb said America was great. This turned into a fight between Swagger and Rusev.
3. Alberto Del Rio defeated Rob Van Dam. Del Rio got his knees up on the Five Star Frog Splash and turned it into a cross armbreaker to get the submission victory.
4. Alicia Fox and Cameron defeated Nikki Bella. Another in a string of Nikki Bella handicap matches. Nikki did better this time, but lost when Alicia put her down with a leg-assisted DDT … thing.
- Sting appeared on Raw (in a video game ad).
5. Big E defeated Cesaro. Kofi Kingston was at ringside for Big E. Cesaro tossed a chair at Kofi, and when he tried to use a chair on Big E, Kingston pulled it out of his hands. This distracted Cesaro and allowed Big E to hit the Big Ending for the win.
- Chris Jericho cut a promo about how he’s old. He was attacked by the Wyatt Family, and Bray Wyatt KO’d him with a Sister Abigail on the stage.
6. AJ Lee defeated Eva Marie. Paige was on color commentary and wouldn’t stop explaining what “frememies” are. AJ won by submission with the Black Widow.
7. Bo Dallas defeated The Great Khali. Bo hit a Bo-Dog from the apron to the arena floor, incapacitating Khali long enough to get a count-out victory. After the match, Bo got brain chopped.
8. John Cena and Roman Reigns defeated Kane, Seth Rollins and Randy Orton. Cena and Reigns won when the ref DQ’d the heels for not listening to him and continuing to beat up the faces instead of following the rules. Just one of those “and now the match is over” DQs. After the match, the four participants in the Battleground fatal fourway took turns accidentally hitting each other.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.