Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for August 11, 2014. The show featured live appearances from John Cena and Brock Lesnar to build to their SummerSlam showdown and a birthday celebration for Hulk Hogan.
Be back here tomorrow for the Best and Worst of WWE Raw column.
WWE Raw results:
- The show began with Paul Heyman rapping (yes, rapping) about how Brock Lesnar will defeat John Cena at SummerSlam.
1. Roman Reigns defeated Ryback and Curtis Axel. This was a handicap match set up by the once again “Corporate” Kane. Reigns won by disqualification when Rybaxel refused to stop throwing him into the ringpost. After the match, Reigns regained control and took out both of his opponents.
2. Seth Rollins defeated Rob Van Dam. Rollins won with a Curb Stomp. After the match, Dean Ambrose jumped out of one of Hulk Hogan’s birthday presents and attacked Rollins. Nope, not giving you any more context than that.
- Stephanie McMahon brought Daniel Bryan’s physical therapist into the ring and goaded her into “admitting” that she and Bryan had an affair. Brie Bella showed up, slapped the physical therapist and tackled Stephanie, putting her into the Yes Lock. Stephanie challenged her for later in the night.
3. Jack Swagger defeated Cesaro. Swagger won by submission with the Patriot Lock. After the match, a “We The People” was interrupted by a falling Russian flag and the appearance of Rusev and Lana.
- Chris Jericho and Bray Wyatt got into a prearranged argument.
4. Eva Marie defeated AJ Lee. Eva won with a rollup when Paige distracted AJ. After the match, Paige read AJ an apology poem and AJ beat up Eva.
- John Cena says he will win at SummerSlam, and that Brock is mistaken.
- Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella never got started. Stephanie had Brie arrested for slapping the physical therapist earlier in the night. “What goes around comes around.”
5. Heath Slater defeated Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler was distracted via a brawl with The Miz, allowing Slater to get a count-out victory. After the match Slater tried a cheapshot and Ziggler put him down with a Zig Zag.
6. Randy Orton defeated Sheamus. Orton countered a diving shoulderblock from the top rope into an RKO for the pinfall victory.
- Hulk Hogan’s birthday celebration was the show’s main-event. Guests included the WWE roster, Mean Gene, Jimmy Hart, Ric Flair, Paul Orndorff, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. The final guest was Brock Lesnar, who threatened to attack Hogan until John Cena made the save. Brock bailed without a physical confrontation.