Tonight, on the With Spandex WCW Monday Nitro open discussion thread:
As WWE Universe members worldwide pit Goldberg and Brock Lesnar against each other in WWE 2K17, that video game matchup is beginning to materialize in the real world as WCW icon Goldberg heads to Raw in Denver to answer Paul Heyman’s challenge to “fight” The Beast Incarnate one-on-one. Will the former World Heavyweight Champion agree to this anticipated confrontation? (via WWE.com)
Our five-point preview:
1. All we want from tonight’s Raw is for the crowd to chant “Ryback” at Goldberg.
2. How great would it be if Goldberg showed up and was like, “I do NOT accept a fight with Brock Lesnar. I’m 50 and retired, and he seems really tough! It’s fun to pretend we’re feuding in the new WWE 2K17 video game, though, available right now!” And then Heyman’s like, “that seems reasonable,” and they take a selfie and that’s it.
3. Also, I hope Heyman taunts Goldberg by bringing out the ghosts of his past. Let’s get Hugh Morrus, Jerry Flynn, Mongo McMichael, Glacier, DDP and whatever’s left of Kronik to show up and eat spears. And then Triple H hits Goldberg with a sledgehammer again.
4. Braun Strowman is 1000% getting speared tonight, right?
5. What else is happening on this show? Is Harlem Heat defending the WCW Tag Team Championship against the Outsiders? Somebody get Xavier Woods some fire-print pants and hook Cesaro up with some fingerless gloves.
As always, we’re including 10 of the best comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column, so make sure to reply to your favorites with a +1 to nominate them for consideration. Enjoy the show, and have a great rest of 1998!