Tonight, on the With Spandex WWE Raw open discussion thread:
Sting has returned and via WWE’s Twitter page we can now confirm that The Icon will be at Raw this coming Monday!
Absent from WWE since the night after his defeat to Triple H at WrestleMania, The Vigilante surprised The Authority by appearing last Monday night and attacking WWE World Heavyweight and United States Champion Seth Rollins. Following the ambush, Sting made clear his intention to vie for “The Future of WWE’s” World Title, and moments later on the award-winning WWE Network, WWE’s irate COO announced that Sting would get an opportunity against Rollins at Night of Champions.
The Architect seems to welcome this challenge, but is his confidence misplaced? As the WWE Universe awaits Sting’s next move, what can we expect on Raw? WWE.com has some ideas.
We’re sure they have some great ideas, but here’s our own five-point preview:
1. Be sure to read last week’s Best and Worst of WWE Raw so you know why Sting was in a box. Sting in a box, babe. Sting in a box.
2. The Divas have already expressed their frustration at a ‘Beat the Clock’ challenge to determine the No. 1 contendership. Will they beat the clock, or finally beat the Miz into a pulp for his comments last week?
3. Sting has been confirmed to appear. But where? The rafters? Did he get tips on how to get into Rollins’ trunk from Dean Ambrose? Does he know where he is in the first place? Does he need an adult?
4. The Dudleyz are back, and hell bent on destroying as many tables as possible. Which tag team will fall victim to the returning legends? Will the New Day eclipse anything that happens by being the best thing on the show another week in a row? …yeah. Yeah probably.
5. Last week, John Cena attitudinally-adjusted Jon Stewart. Is this a war on liberal comedians? Who’s next? John Oliver? Hannibal Buress? Won’t somebody please think of the comedians!
As always, we’re including 10 of our favorite comments from tonight’s open discussion thread in tomorrow’s Best and Worst of Raw column. Reply to your favorites with a +1 to nominate them for consideration.
Enjoy the show, everybody.