Here are your quick and dirty, editorial-free WWE Raw results for October 17, 2016. Monday night’s episode featured the glorious return of Goldberg, and more intrigue as we prepare for Hell in a Cell in two weeks.
Be back here tomorrow for the full Best and Worst of Raw column.
WWE Raw Results:
— The show opened with Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho coming to the ring to complain about Mick Foley’s personal vendetta against them. They blamed Jericho’s loss to Seth Rollins last week on bad officiating. Owens promised to retire Rollins in two weeks at Hell in a Cell. Rollins then came out to retort, and accused Owens of being a bad friend to Jericho for watching him get Pedigreed two weeks in a row. Rollins challenged Jericho to a rematch and Jericho told Owens to go to the back, saying that they’re still best friends and that he can do this by himself.
1. Seth Rollins defeated Chris Jericho. Owens wasn’t able to stay in the back and came to ringside during the match. Despite his presence, Rollins was still able to reverse a Codebreaker into a Pedigree for the pin.
2. Mark Henry, R-Truth and Goldust defeated Titus O’Neil and The Shining Stars. Mark Henry got the pinfall for his team after the World’s Strongest Slam on Titus.
3. Big E defeated Sheamus. Cesaro was at ringside recording a Facebook Live video, which angered Sheamus. When Sheamus took time to yell at Cesaro, Big E hit him with an avalanche and rolled him up for the pin.
4. Bo Dallas defeated Neville. Curtis Axel accompanied Dallas to the ring. Dallas got the pin after his Cross Rhodes finisher.
— After the match, Axel tried to get the crowd fired up for Bo, but Bo attacked him from behind and beat him up outside the ring.
5. Dana Brooke defeated Bayley. Brooke rammed Bayley into the ring post and then got the pin.
— Paul Heyman appeared live via satellite. He advised Goldberg to turn down Brock Lesnar’s challenge and spare himself embarrassment.
6. Braun Strowman defeated the Mile High Trio. Strowman won the three-on-one handicap match with ease. He again powerslammed one opponent and reverse chokeslammed another onto him before pinning them.
— After the match, Strowman threatened to come backstage and get some tougher competition from Foley himself, but Sami Zayn’s music hit and Zayn came to the ring. Strowman shoved Zayn out of the ring and then left.
— Rusev and Lana came to the ring to talk about what a good family man Rusev is. He showed pictures of his family. Roman Reigns came out and promised to hurt Rusev at Hell in a Cell. Lana slapped Reigns and then Rusev attacked him. Rusev ran Reigns into the ring steps and then locked him in the Accolade on top of the steps in the ring.
7. Big Cass defeated Karl Anderson. Cass hit the Big River Crossing and covered Anderson for the pin.
8. Brian Kendrick, Tony Nese and Drew Gulak defeated TJ Perkins, Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann. Gulak prevented TJP from helping Swann, who tapped out to Kendrick’s Captain’s Hook submission.
— Michael Cole welcomed Goldberg to the ring to answer Paul Heyman’s challenge. He accepted Brock Lesnar’s offer for a fight and said Brock is next … and last.