It’s a great day in America. Obama gave a monumental speech last night in front of Congress while New Orleans streets were flooded with beads and parade floats. And there can only be one reason for the hoopla:
You guessed it folks, it’s the Nature Boy Ric Flair’s 60th Birthday.
While we usually reserve the birthday shoutouts and Stevie song for Crew members, we’re going to make an exception and salute an American Icon that gets mentioned so much on this site that he might as well be honorary Crew.
To celebrate, here are five reasons Ric Flair is the greatest human being to walk the face of the earth.
5. The Flair Flop — Naitch has been Flair floppin’ for nearly 30 years and it never ceases to be hilarious. The premise is simple: man punches flair in the corner and Ric takes about three steps in no particular direction then falls flat on his face. Priceless.
4. “Space Mountain” — As a Hip-Hop fan, I’ve been exposed to a lot of euphemisms for the good ol’ male love muscle. But none surpasses Flair’s use of the term “Space Mountain.” This vid @ 20 seconds is pure comedy.
3. The Matches — Let’s not forget. Ric is the best to ever do it in the ring. If you want to see great wrestling matches, look no further than his classic trilogy with Ricky Steamboat in ’89 or his hour-long marathons in which he carried stiffs to greatness. There’s even one story he tells in his book about carrying a doped up, nearly comatose Kerry Von Erich to a classic match.
2. The Four Horsemen — As far as groups go, it’s probably G.I. Joe, 72′ Dolphins, the 12 Disciples and the Four Horsemen. In that order.
1. “WOOOOO” — Need I say more? It’s damn near a national treasure.
Pop a bottle, flair flop and Figure-Four your chick tonight and celebrate. Happy 60th Naitch.