At this time last year, if you would’ve told me the new mixtape from a white suburbanite, Southfield, MI Pop producer/singer named Mike Posner would make my most anticipated releases of 2009 list, I would have laughed straight in your face. Well, things change and the unexpected is now common place, because as you all hopefully know by now, young Mike P has come a long way in the last 365 days.
With only the one classic mixtape (Yup) under his belt, this Duke senior has achieved Internet stardom, a staggering fan base and is ready to move on musically with his brand-new and highly anticipated Clinton Sparks-DJ Benzi-LRG-hosted mixtape, One Foot Out the Door. If it’s half as good as the last one, this 21-year-old’s sophomore effort will still be better than 90% of the other tapes you hear this year and make most artist’s actual albums sound lifeless as a pile of dead bodies.
If it is as good, then the 2010 J Records debut from this superstar in
training waiting will probably sound something like the music God bumps.
Don’t let us down, Mike. You got this shit.
1. One Foot Out the Door (Produced by Mike Posner and XX)
2. I Don’t Trust Myself (Produced by Mike Posner, Piano by Eric Holljes)
3. Traveling Man (Snippet) (Produced by Mike Posner and Raw Talent)
4. You Don’t Have to Leave (Produced by Miami Horror)
5. Cooler Than Me (Gigamesh Remix) (Produced by Gigamesh, Additional Production by Mike Posner)
6. Don’t Trust Me (Benny Blanco/DJ Benzi Remix) ft. 3OH!3 and Kid CuDi (Produced by Benny Blanco and 3OH!3)
7. Kiss Me Thru the Phone ft. Saigon (Produced by Mike Posner)
8. Red Button (Produced by Mike Posner)
9. Bring Me Down ft. Big Sean & Freddie Gibbs (Produced by Block Beattaz)
10. Mirror’s Edge Benzi Remix ft. Bun B, GLC, and XV (Produced by Seven)
11. Speed of Sound ft. Big Sean (Produced by Block Beattaz)
12. Close the Door ft. Clinton Sparks (Produced by Clinton Sparks)
You can be real official and grab it from iTunes and it’s still free.
Bonus — Check out Mike on Carson Daly performing, “Cooler Than Me” with Big Sean. Props to Yardie.