Kid Potential knows the hits and chances are he’s had a hand in any track dominating radio and club playlists. Kid Po works his magic from his current position as the National Mix-Show Manager for the 1200squad.com at Cornerstone/FADER Media and you can also catch him on the air at PNC.fm as a host on “Friday Night Cartoons,” every Friday night at 8pm.
1. Yankees Vs. Mets at Citi Field for July 4th weekend — I’m a sports junkie all the way and I appreciate “the patient” man’s game. There’s nothing better than a little subway series 4th of July weekend. The Boss wouldn’t have it any other way. (Link)
2. Mixie Bike — Summer time biking is extremely underrated and my good friend sent me his patented designed Mixie bike. The Mixie bike is part fixed gear, part commuter, part BMX and definitely some George Jetson biking. And if you can find the MMG edition, you’re “Mark Cuban winning.” (Link)
3. A “Nice” vacation in Nice, France — Me and the pretty lady make plans to see the family in the summer time. Amazing scenery at every turn, delicious food and the absolute best summer time drink of all time, absinthe. But be easy. It’s rumored to be the stuff Vincent van Gogh used for “inspiration.” (Link)
4. The Kid Daytona’s The Interlude 2 — One of the few MC’s I get excited to hear new material from. The Interlude was arguably one of the best mix tapes last year, with “So Buttery” getting on MTV Sucker Free. I’m sure the sequel is sure to bring better things for Daytona and the NYC rap scene. (Link)
5. Carnival in Washington, DC — Ahhh the memories of a beat down Camry on Georgia Ave. for Carnival. The parade/festival/barrage of “official after parties, throw in some of the best food from all over the Caribbean within six blocks, make for an afternoon full of indigestion. Make sure you keep your eyes open for the mud men. (Link)