41. Tyler The Creator – “Radicals” — Tyler’s leading a whole new generation of misfits and the tune they all march to would be “Radicals.” Even though the young artist implies the tune is art for art’s sake, you can’t help but feel there’s so many listeners whose thoughts and lives echo his sentiments. (Listen | Buy)
42. PUSH Montana & L.E.P. Bogus Boys – “Live Nigga Rap” — Alternatively titled “Slappin’ The Piss Out Of Shook Ones.” (Listen)
43. Common – “Blue Sky” — Oh, shit; is that Common bringing up 2011’s rear? Employing a kind of soulful hunger, Chicago’s elder statesman dropped a gem of an album, highlighted by “Blue Sky,” an audible, encouraging pat on the back if ever there was one. (Listen | Buy)
45. Kanye West & Jay-Z – “Gotta Have It” — Jay hasn’t gotten his hands dirty, physically or metaphorically, in years but the menacing verse he hands in for “Gotta Have It” lets debtors know he’s not to tested. (Listen | Buy)
46. Young Jeezy – “Win” — This is true motivation music. “Win” represents the 12th rep at the gym, the transition from overtime to double time and the sale that happens as the sun breaks through the clouds after a long night. If this doesn’t make you want to get something done, check your pulse. (Listen)
47. T.I. Feat. Pharrell – “Hear Ye, Hear Ye” — King Back! While his collaborations with Big K.R.I.T and unofficial assists on big hits by Jay & Ye and 2 Chainz, Tip didn’t really make his way back to his rightful place on the throne until he released this track. (Listen)
48. Big K.R.I.T. – “Time Machine” — In addition to being a time machine, K.R.I.T.’s slow burner can transform any car, even that rusty ass hatchback of yours, into a slant back Caddy on spokes. (Listen)
49. Clams Casino – “Motivation (Lil B Instrumental)” — Re-mastered and stripped of lyrics, Clams’ woozy, atmospheric production ensures that he’ll be in high demand come 2012. (Listen)
50. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – “Deep” — According to Athrin of TSS’ comment section: “This sounds like shit I’d see in a blaxploitation film in a scene where a guy is driving around and we see a montage of the different areas of a city.” Amen. (Listen | Buy)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.