51. Pusha T – “Blow” — Remember the movie Sugar Hill? Imagine Malice as Romello, Pusha as Raynathan and understand he’s intent on pushing dope rap til his dying days. (Listen)
52. Chevy Woods Feat. Wiz Khalifa – “Cookout” — Bust out the brats, brew and bud: the Taylor Gang duo crafted 2011’s perfect picnic anthem. (Listen)
53. Danny Brown – “Adderall Admiral” — In a minute and 44 seconds, Brown raps about the following: blue balls, Avatar, pregnant labradors and Ned Flanders’ son. Kids, this is your id on a 36-hour, pill- and alcohol-fueled bender. (Listen)
54. My Morning Jacket – “Victory Dance” — MMJ were doing more than just a victory dance this past summer. They were doing victory laps around the country while touring, celebrating the release of their latest album, Circuital. “Victory Dance”’s theatrical vocals and dark instrumentation launch their 2011 effort with gusto, ensuring that they tacked another “win” onto their career’s accomplished resume. (Listen | Buy)
55. Trouble – “Questions” — Wondering where a lot of Atlanta’s rap one-hit wonders drifted to after the spotlight got flicked off? Trouble’s got the answers, sparring no punches or overlooking any names. (Listen)
56. A$AP Rocky Feat. ASAP Ferg – “Kissin’ Pink” — NYC’s (latest) chosen one appears here with his eyes wide shut, rapping about pussy and purp. A trippy, trance-inducing ballad. (Listen)
57. The Black Keys – “Little Black Submarines” — A bit premature to label the Keys a contemporary Led Zeppelin? Hardly. The Akron legend continues to grow, marching to the beat of one of rock’s greatest names. (Listen | Buy)
58. Freddie Gibbs Feat. Big K.R.I.T. and Alley Boy – “Rob Me A N*gga” — The Baby-Faced Killer takes the listener through the psychology of an armed robbery, making the most heinous crimes sound justifiable. (Listen)
59. Lyrikill Feat. City Sparks, Lyriqs and Elespee – “New Shoes” — In light of the recent Concord rampage, this song is a perfect example of the social ramifications of the pursuit of fresh kicks from Lyrikill’s slept-on gem. (Buy)
60. Mr. Muthafuckin’ eXquire Feat. Despot, Das Racist, Danny Brown & El-P – “Huzzah (Remix)” — eXquire brought along a rag-tag and loquacious crew for the posse cut of the year. (Listen)
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.