Even though the NBA season just now in full swing and we have enough basketball to last for a while, the London 2012 Olympic Games are not far away and Chris Sheridan unveiled an early look at the potential roster, amassed from information obtained from his “impeccable international basketball sources*.”
Five quick thoughts and reactions.
1. The roster looks mostly unchanged from the 2010 squad who competed for the 2010 FIBA World Championship. The team performed well together and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. But as this group shifts from 19 to a 12-man roster, who do you cut?
2. With a compacted season, the Olympics and the 2012-13 season starting a few weeks after the Games end, that’s a lot of wear and tear on the bodies of the players.
3. No Andrew Bynum? No problem. No point in letting this dude coast to what should be a podium finish on an inevitable bum knee. Let Tyson cook.
4. I wouldn’t want to be the coach to pick one out of D-Rose, CP3 and Deron Williams to start at point. Nice problem to have, but still a problem.
5. That’s a tremendous squad. If they don’t get gold…
* – I love a good anonymous source.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.