Instead of the usual write-up, let’s play the numbers game.
1. Say what needs to be said about (Used To Be) Fat Joe, but this guy’s networking prowess is almost second to none. He could probably get anyone in rap not named Jay-Z and Cuban Linx to throw him a verse on the fly. That said, his verse on “No Country” wasn’t exactly anything to write home about. Maybe it’ll sound better once the dirty version appears. And yes, I’m trying to use the glass-half-full approach here.
2. In related news, “Another Round” is a banger.
3. No Country For Old Men was actually a very good movie.
4. This wasn’t 2 Chainz’s best guest verse ever, but he still managed a few chuckle-worthy lines.
5. French Montana, man. I’ve been listening to buddy since him and Max B were running with each other. All these years later, I still can’t see what the hype is about. Him admitting not knowing how to use e-mail being the reason he didn’t sign with G.O.O.D. Music is one of the funniest things I’ve heard in a long, long time though.
Fat Joe Feat. 2 Chainz & French Montana – “No Country”