Beef’s clearly on the menu today in rap. Earlier, Lupe Fiasco called into “Sway In The Morning” to give his version of what transpired between Pete Rock, Atlantic Records and all other interested parties around Fiasco’s latest single “Around My Way (Freedom Ain’t Free).” Lupe’s radio appearance follows Pete issuing a statement saying he and Lupe “worked out their differences” after he initially expressed his extreme displeasure towards Lupe’s attempt to recreate “T.R.O.Y.” Yet, Lupe’s ten minute phone convo with Sway shows their differences haven’t been settled as Lupe’s decided to fight slander with slander.
1. Lupe states he initially got Pete’s blessing as well as legal clearance on the record from the label.
2. Lupe contends that Pete has been aware of the record for “the past six months.”
3. Per their phone conversation on Wednesday night, Pete Rock wasn’t suppose to tweet about their “epic” homage to Troy and Heavy D.
4. Lupe is not pleased. At all.
5. Perhaps lost in all of this, today would’ve been Heavy D.’s 45th birthday.
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.