Crooked I’s better as a solo artist. While having the Slaughterhouse crew to lean on definitely bolstered his career, their constant go for broke, Hip-Hop-minded enthusiasm often leaves the sound of their tunes rather one-sided. However, “F*ck You Pay Me” is the latest single from Crook’s upcoming Psalm 82:v6 mixtape and finds the former Death Row rapper returning to his California roots and in his comfort zone. Picking back up his rapid-fire, spelling-bee flow and hitting cruise control atop a phased-out guitar, C-R-Double-Uh-Oh and his Chi-Town homie elaborate on why they’ll never find themselves broke. The record is smooth as silk and far from the gritty material we’ve come to expect from most of his group songs, which is welcomed if you’ve been a fan of the man’s for a while.
And, while it’s hard to tell from the below tracklist if the rest of the Crooked’s upcoming LA Leakers-sponsored tape will blend the many styles he can produce, everyone should just be happy it’s not another measly EP.
01. 82v6 Intro (Prod. by Quest)
02. G’s us – ft. Roc Marciano (Prod. by Komplex)
03. G.A.N.G Up (Grind And Never Give Up) – Feat. Medi (Prod. by G Rocka)
04. Monsters – ft. Slaughterhouse& Colin Monroe (Prod. by Boi-1da)
05. Nikki (Prod. by Tito Ali)
06. Niggaz Winnin’- ft. Trae The Truth & Melody Angel (Prod. by G Rocka & Medi)
07. Fuck U Pay Me – ft. Twista & K-Young (Prod. by Tight Mike)
08. And She Don’t Even Know – ft. Soopafly & Kobe (Prod. by Pitchshifters)
09. Let the Beat – ft. KeAna (Prod. by The Renaissance)
10. Ratchet Heauxs (Prod. by I-Nine)
11. Roll call 2 – ft. Bad Lucc, Coniyac, Locksmith & Mykestro (Prod. by Aktive)
12. 3 the hard way – ft. Kurupt & Ras Kass (Prod. by Aktive)
13. Team COB – ft. Horseshoe Gang & Iceman (Prod. by G Rocka& Medi)
14. Real Niggaz – ft. Freeway Rick Ross (Prod. by Komplex)
15. Never forget – ft. Eddie Fontaine (Prod. by Snaz)
16. It feels good as a MF (Prod. by Komplex)
17. Praise GOD (Prod. by Tabu)
18. BBBB – ft. Tena Jones (Prod. by Tabu)
Crooked I Feat. Twista & K-Young – “F*ck You Pay Me”
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.