Since quarreling over which Jay Z album is the best has become a Smoking Section pastime, Jay took it upon himself to rank all of his albums. Well, maybe they’re ranked to quell all of those Internet fights over Jigga’s best work–which are as long and acrimonious as any ancient Roman war–but, anyways, you can find the birthday boy’s own selections and corresponding notes below.
Oh Christ, should I even mention this? *Deep breath* Leave your thoughts, concerns, opinions and/or general trollery in the comment section.
And while waiting to reply to each other, go ahead and cue up the “Tom Ford” remix featuring Pimp C. Let’s not forget that today marks the anniversary of his death, too.
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)
Photo: Life + Times
I want more like this!
Follow us on Facebook and get the latest before everyone else.