Trying to get “put on”? Don’t bother sending your music to TSS ’cause we can’t do sh*t for ya. Instead, get in contact with one of the names on Billboard’s Power 100, a list of the most, well, powerful people in the music biz.
Atop stands The Carters, naturally, because #illuminati. But for the rest of you logical thinkers, “rankings were determined by a combination of key factors including market share, exclusive Billboard chart data/boxscore information, and revenue,” so says Billboard.
Other names on the list include the invisible hand behind damn near all the labels: chairman and CEO of Universal Music Group Lucian Grainge. Roc Nation co-founder Jay Brown, Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun and juice list mainstay Lyor Cohen also make the list. Some others names like TV pimp Ryan Seacrest, douchebag Simon Cowell and Eminem manager Paul Rosenberg earn a spot as well.
1. Jay Z and Beyoncé, artists
2. Lucian Grainge, CEO and chairman, Universal Music Group
3. Coran Capshaw, founder and owner, Red Light Management
4. Michael Rapino, CEO, Live Nation Entertainment
5. Martin Bandier, chairman and CEO, Sony/ATV Music Publishing
6. Doug Morris, chairman and CEO, Sony Music Entertainment
7. Irving Azoff, chairman and CEO, Azoff MSG Entertainment
8. Len Blavatnik, vice-chairman and owner, Warner Music Group
9. Rob Light, managing partner/head of music, Creative Artists Agency
10. Jimmy Iovine, chairman, Interscope Geffen A&M; co-founder and CEO, Beats Electronics
The full list of people to harass can be found here.