Other day, another radio-killer from the South. The latest voice to get accustomed to hearing is K Camp, who's got a wider range of talent than he lets on and is currently amidst a swarming buzz that doesn't look likely to die down anytime soon. Get hip to the man who will be providing the soundtrack to your next lap dance.
1. Two Surefire Singles - DJs across the country are currently spinning not one but two of K Camp's amped singles. The flavor of the moment is the hesitation-free "Cut Her Off" with 2 Chainz. However, Camp's career tipping point came in the form of his regional smash "Money Baby," which is stupid catchy and has surely been a strip club gold mine.
2. Two Noteworthy Tapes - Capitalizing on the strength of the latter single's success, K Cash dropped his prophetic In Due Time mixtape this past December. Although he's been active in the game for almost five years, the project was Camp's breakthrough release and has received significant praise across the board. The follow-up is the second installment in his K.I.S.S. mixtape series and dropped this week.
3. Atlanta Over Everything - Where else, but the ATL? Although Camp was born in Milwaukee, the South's latest rising star was raised in North Atlanta and currently calls the Magic City and their radio stations home.
4. Late Jump Off - According to an recent interview K Camp did with our pal Maurice Garland, the budding talent hasn't had an easy come up.
Despite being featured on a few different Atlanta-centric hits and coming up in the same clubs as Waka Flocka, Camp couldn't catch a break for years. Now, he's using the experiences to ensure his tunes stay top of mind.
5. Diversified Style - Given everything said prior, the natural assumption would be that K Camp makes braggadocio rap and that's all. However, listen closer and you can clearly tell there's more than meets the ear. With touching tracks like "In Due Time" and certified R&B jams like "Blessing" in the mix, the ATL artist is almost like Future x Big KRIT and clearly a jack of all trades.