There’s some executive at FOX News who probably sharted himself after hearing President Obama’s White House Correspondents’ Dinner admission to listening to Young Jeezy. And while they’ll paint it as a negative, this gives us here at TSS an opportunity to guess which Snowman songs from The Commander In Chief listens to while riding around and getting it. Of course, Jeezy’s 2008 ode to Barry O., “My President,” is on shuffle, but here’s a list of seven other tracks I’m pretty sure The Prez has spun at least once or twice.
1. Jay-Z Feat. Young Jeezy – “Real As It Gets” — Chances are, Barack probably stumbled across Jeezy through listening to his friend Jay-Z’s music. It was probably “Go Crazy,” yet something tells me “Real As It Gets” hits home for a guy who prides himself on being genuine. Catchy enough to have been a single, yet still packing enough punch to still get love as one of those “underrated” tracks from both catalog’s, I imagine our President listening to this before a big meeting with the United Nations.
2. U.S.D.A. – “Corporate Thuggin'” — Selected for obvious reasons, becoming successful in any venture requires a person to go against the grain, work hard and piss a few people off in the process. Given the way his detractors have attempted to uncover even a small amount of dirt against Barry for over five years now, it should go without saying Barack Obama did his own version of “corporate thuggin'” to get to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Now that I think about it, “Hood Politics” would’ve worked here, too.
3. Young Jeezy Feat. Trey Songz – “Takin’ It There” — “Supafreak” may indeed the Secret Service’s anthem, but it’s tad bit more romantic when it comes to he and Michelle’s ghetto love song.
“Even when I’m on the road, I stay in touch/Why you think they love me so much…”
4. Young Jeezy – “My Hood” — The streets love Jeezy and the streets love Barack. Now whether that stems from all the dope boys agreeing with the latter’s stance on immigration and the economy remains to be seen, but for the most part, Brother President’s stranglehold on the have nots of America is still basically the same as it was in 2008.
5. Young Jeezy – “Spaceships On Bankhead” — Even the President wakes up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes. To cure such ills, throwing on this classic Jeezy cut is more than enough to get the blood flowing through he veins with an extra dose of ignorance. It’s impossible not to rap Young’s part at the top of your lungs and Barack’s probably got the version with just Jeezy on it. Lord knows I rewind back to the beginning once he finishes. I haven’t listened to Fabo’s verse in years. Lucky bastard.