Bless the Harlem heavens because Cam’ron’s “Come & Talk To Me” is better than much of anything he’s released lately. Allow me to provide five quick thoughts before adding this to your wedding, anniversary and whatever other applicable playlist since, as we all know, Cam is a man for the people and by the people.
1. Jodeci has received quite the spike in notoriety the second half of 2013.
2. “Come & Talk To Me” is in the top five power rankings of karaoke songs to perform. I always keep it in the back pocket just in case I’m out and Ron Isley’s “Contagious” has already been used.
3. I’m really thinking of being the 1991-93 KCi for Halloween this year, too, by the way.
4. Yes, that’s Cam briefly responding to Jay Z’s assertions on “Pound Cake.”
5. Killa’s Ghetto Heaven Vol. 1 drops tomorrow. Truth be told, I have no clue what to expect. But if the ghost of Mitch from Paid In Full has one ounce of forgiveness in his heart, he’d let bygones be bygones and let GH be entertaining if nothing else.
Bonus: And since we’re sending up prayers for more Killa Cam goodness, please let this Oscar-worthy film drop tomorrow as well. Vote Cam for “Best Lead Actor In A Hood Flick.”