Late Night With Jimmy Fallon is still on the air for two reasons.
1: To prove that God has a sense of humor. There are roughly 6,755,987,238 people more qualified to helm that show.
2. God’s also a fan of The Roots and he felt it was time for them to become stationary and for the people to come to them. They’ve paid their dues tenfold and if the show must go on for them to do that, so be it.
So keep up the good work Jimmy!
Like Gotty™ mentioned the other day, ?uest’s Twitter feed is crazy & was firing off sandwiches like Arby’s™ at lunchtime. What are sandwiches you ask? Since they compiled them all, I’ll let the good folks from All The Way Live give the explanation.
Questlove was feeling the holiday spirit this weekend as he shared some presents to the world by offering up some “Sandwiches” from LNJF. These are those awesome little jams you hear The Roots crew play as the show heads into and out from commercial breaks. Apparently they have now reached a milestone by writing 1,000 of these songs, all within the past 9 months. Its crazy to think that they can write these jams in no time and makes you really anticipate what they are saving for their upcoming release, How I Got Over, which is slated to be released in February. Here’s 22 sandwiches, straight from the afro himself, which I compiled into a nice little EP.
01. Once In A Lifetime
03. Head Slicer
04. Spain (ft. Chick Corea)
05. The Juice of Chicago
08. Choir Fire
09. Teen Town
10. Cant Keep Headphones on Head
11. Red Toe Nail Bashing
12. Blinded By The Light (No Douche Here)
13. Caveman for Dennis Quaid
14. Wan Cook Soup
15. Someone Is Late To Dentist Appointment
16. I Get Lifted
17. Werewolf Barmitzvah
18. Like This Anna Torv
19. Breezin (ft. George Benson)
21. The Suits
22. Usher In That Choir