It’s official, Detox is dead. But there is a new Dr. Dre album on the way.
Yes, the legendary producer has announced a real deal, brand new full-length album titled Compton: A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre.
Dre made the announcement during his Beats 1 radio show The Pharmacy, saying, “Detox didn’t come out because I didn’t like it. It wasn’t good. I’ma keep it 1000. I couldn’t do that to my fans.”
Dre’s follow-up to 2001 is finally on the way nearly 16 years later and was inspired by the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton. Featuring the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Xzibit, Ice Cube, Marsha Abrosius, and many, many more. According to Dre, he was so inspired that he did an album “under wraps” and it’s now finished. The best part? It drops in just six days on Friday, August 7th.
Check out the tracklist to Compton: A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre below and pre-order on iTunes.
1. “Intro” (Dr. Dre)
2. “Talk About It” (Feat. King Mez and Justus)
3. “Genocide” (Feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius and Candice Pillay)
4. “It’s All On Me” (Feat. Justus and BJ the Chicago Kid)
5. “All In a Day’s Work” (Feat. Anderson Paak and Marsha Ambrosius)
6. “Darkside/Gone” (Feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius and Kendrick Lamar)
7. “Loose Cannons” (Feat. Xzibit and COLD 187um)
8. “Issues” (Feat. Ice Cube and Anderson Paak)
9. “Deep Water” (Feat. Kendrick Lamar and Justus)
10. “One Shot One Kill” (Feat. Snoop Dogg)
11. “Just Another Day” (Feat. Asia Bryant)
12. “For the Love of Money” (Feat. Jill Scott and Jon Connor)
13. “Satisfiction” (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius and King Mez)
14. “Animals” (Feat. Anderson Paak)
15. “Medicine Man” (Feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay and Anderson Paak)
16. “Talking To My Diary” (Dr. Dre)