Award shows have never been my strong suit. They come on and I immediately get distracted or feign a feeble excuse not to watch. Thanks to the zippy speed at which the Internet works, watching the full fish fry that is the BET Awards will never be an issue. In fact, I feel like a real blogger because I did sit still, filtered through the performance clips and selected a handful worth sharing with you all. As for myself, total time spent on this post was approximately the first half of a Law & Order episode so I can’t wait for next year.
Thanks to Yardie for the videos.
1. Alicia Keys runs through a medley of music from a decade of hits and gets additional support from Rick Ross & Bruno Mars.
2. Mary J. Blige does a medley. Starts strong, finishes kind of bad. You’ve been forewarned.
3. Cee-Lo Green, Marsha Amrbosius and Shirley Caesar pay tribute to Patti LaBelle. Cee-Lo wears a wig.
4. Trey Songz does “Love Faces” and “Unusual” before introducing Kelly Rowland for “Motivation.” All this time and even a hit song, yet she’s still playing second to somebody.
5. Big Sean & Chris Brown perform “My Last.” It was either this or Chris Brown solo. The lesser of two evils.