A few thoughts on The Black Eyed Peas performance*.
1. If Oprah wasn’t involved I might be inclined to believe this was a flash mob & not just a publicity stunt.
2. Where the hell does a group of people this large practice, let alone coordinate something like this?
3. The thing has gained so much momentum, they’ve created a viral campaign to teach these people to dance like the Peas. According to the official video:
“will.i.am had a great idea… after watching the flash mob surprise for oprah’s 24th season kickoff party – he thought it would be cool to create a video to teach the ‘oprah/black eyed peas dance’.”
4. I’m still amazed how far the Peas have come from their humble beginnings.
* I haven’t seen it yet. The episode airs Monday September, 14th to kick off Oprah’s 24th season…for those interested.